We've been invited to host two sessions at this year's NL Lotus User Group (NLLUG) "Get Social 2010" Conference, September 9th - 10th, in the Amsterdam ArenA:
DEV03 - Get up to Speed with Object-Oriented Programming in LotusScript
|Th. 9 September
Any objections against objects? Never
visited classes about classes? Is abstraction still too abstract for you?
Or don't you know how to use methodic methods and proper properties?
Then visit this introductory session
about object-oriented programming (OOP) in LotusScript, where you will
- why delegation might be better than inheritance,
- why hiding information is can be helpful and
- how polymorphism teaches new tricks to an old dog.
After his concise
introduction to the concepts of OOP, Thomas Bahn shows you some useful
real-world examples in LotusScript. Experience yourself how much easier
your life can be with OOP.
If you are familiar with LotusScript,
but don't know how to create your own classes, this session is for you!
for Great XPages Apps
|Fr. 10 September
Want to develop first class XPage applications?
- core language features like 'loose typing', default and guard operators, first class functions, lambda and closures,
- dynamic objects with public, private and privileged members,
- object literals, constructor functions and more ways to create objects.
semicolon insertion, for..in, with and typeof). Discover useful and reliable
patterns like power constructors. And find out why 'style' is so important